Saturday, April 11, 2009

Freedom of Simplicity, , Teach

I should have written this blog over a month ago, and then I would remember the information from these books better. I know I read another book, but I can't, for the life of me, remember what it was. I've been staring at my bookshelf for the past five minutes, and that hasn't helped. Oh well.

Freedom of Simplicity by Richard J. Foster
Excellent. I think I went into this book knowing I would like it, but it really was great. Foster's writing is humble, attractive, and he writes without making the reader feel like he is being judged. This has become a favorite, something I will keep my shelf for years, and recommend to others.

Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire by Rafe Esquith
Well, there's nothing like reading about an outstanding teacher to make you feel inadequate and empowered at the same time. Rafe's sense of his student's worth and potential is amazing, and he is able to convey that to his students in a powerful way. A great read for anybody, a must for teachers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home